Office of Industrial Links is one of the responsible office for collection of MoU/MoA/other agreement related to Industry before submission to the Memorandum Assessment and Evaluation Committee (MCOM).
FUNCTIONS OF MCOM
The MOU/MOA Technical Committee is to recommend to the UMC on the approval of any agreements intended to be entered by the University.
Responsibilities of the MOU/MOA Technical Committee are as follows:
- to receive complete documents and draft memorandum from Office of the International Affairs, Office of Industrial Links, Research Management Centre, Office of Deputy Rector (Student Development & Community Engagement) or any office that may be assigned from time to time;
- to evaluate and assess the viability/feasibility etc. of the intended project;
- to conduct due diligence practices and transparency, including checking on the nature of the agreements, assessing the business viability, research sustainability and associate risk management on every collaboration and/or project entered by the respective KCDIO, to seek advice from experts including Finance Division, Development Division, Information Technology Division and others to ensure the University’s interest is safeguarded and protected at all times before any decision can be made;
- to recommend all agreements entered by the University at the UMC meeting for an approval; and
- to notify the BOG on the decision made.