The Student Development Department (S-Dev) was established on 22nd August 2003 after the endorsement in the Executive Management Meeting by the Office of the Rector. The Student Development Division (S-Dev) plays the important role of assisting students in their personal and professional development in accordance with the vision and mission of the IIUM. Specifically, S-Dev facilitates and provides students with advice and guidelines in their extra-curricular activities and ensures that the University’s facilities meet the student’s needs. IIUM Kuantan established its own Student Development Department in 2007 to act similarly to what Student Development Division (S-Dev) in IIUM Gombak is operating currently. This department is divided into two sub-units:
- Non-Credited Co-Curricular Activities Unit
- Community Engagement Unit
NON-CREDITED CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES UNIT
Provide training and guidelines procedures student activities for various student bodies on campus and the nature of their activities. Type of student activities such as:
- Uniform Based Activities
- Community Service
- Cultural and Arts
- Leadership and Intellectual
- Debating and Public Speaking
- Sports and Recreation
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT UNIT
To provide opportunities for the student’s leaders to plan, organise and facilitate community engagement and inculcate mind thinking towards voluntary works. Type of activities such as:
- Outreach Based Programmes
- Community Engagement
- Voluntary Works
SECTIONS & UNITS
Muhammad Faiz Fikri bin Zanudin
Assistant Director (N41)
Norsa’Adah binti Yunos
Administrative Assistant (Clerical/Operation) (N22)
Mohd Khuzaini Bin Yahya Arif
Administrative Assistant (Clerical/Operation) (N19)
09-570 4000 ext: 3499
FACILITIES & SERVICES
The Student Development Department is committed to:
- Satisfy politely all requirements and requests of our clients on time.
- Evaluate frequently the efficiency of our services and ensure the friendly management of our clients affairs.
- Record properly all activities, procedures and steps undertaken to implement different processes.
- Keep the University’s community informed, within one (1) month of any latest information on policies, rules & regulations on student activities.
- To process payment within 14 days from receipt of perfect documents.
- To take actions on complaints within 14 working days of receipts of complaints
QUALITY POLICY & KEY VALUES
With the commitment of equal opportunities to all students, the Student Development Department. ACTS systematically to integrate the IIUM vision and mission into students PERSONALITY and DEVELOP their talents and potential through teaching, training, servicing, consultation and practical skills enrichment programmes.
The Management and all staff of the Department are committed to implement a quality management system based on the ISO 9001:2000 requirements to enhance customer satisfaction and continual improvement.
- Trustworthiness and accountability
- Responsibility and teamwork
- Unity in diversity